Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Flowers

So for the past several months I had been working on making flowers for Michael and my wedding in June. Last week I had a "cat incident" in the box where I was keeping them. So this past weekend I went insane trying to re-create a couple dozen flowers to at least making my bouquet. These are the results! Each flower is made of either fabric, ribbon, or paper and they all have wire stems. I bought the gold leaves and dried flowers to fill out the arrangement. The cuff on the bouquet is made from felt with little card suit cutouts hand embroidered on, and it is edged with some vintage lace. The crystal heart slide charm on the back of the bouquet is one of the first things Michael ever gave me so I wanted that part of him there. :)

Wedding bouquet

Wedding bouquet - back view

Wedding bouquet - close up

The last picture is a closeup so you can see the Alice in Wonderland characters in the flowers. I wanted to somehow add little teacups or something as charms in the bouquet but find somebody that sells blue/white mini cups is harder than I anticipated. For my very first bouquet I've ever made, I'm pretty darn pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment